Here is my own recipe for my delicious Lemon Curd Butter Icing. I came up with this recipe after having lots of lemon curd in the cupboard and not knowing what I do with it all. I made some Vanilla cupcakes using my Very Easy Vanilla Cupcake recipe and added this icing. They are the perfect combo in my eyes and are just amazing together! I love this recipe and it has been tried and tested for a few years now, with friends, family and work colleagues saying how much they love both the cupcakes and the Lemon Curd Butter Icing. It’s not too overpowering, it’s sweet and smooth, and a great topping for any cupcake or cake…
- 40g Unsalted Butter
- 50g Lemon Curd
- 125g Icing Sugar
- Mixing Bowl
- Bowl (may need 2 for weighing out)
- 2 spoons
Method to make the Lemon Curd Butter Icing
- Weigh out 40g of Unsalted Butter and put into mixing bowl
- Weigh out 50g of Lemon Curd and put into mixing bowl
- Weigh out 125g of Icing Sugar
- Place your sifter over the mixing bowl and sift the Icing Sugar into the mixing bowl
- Mix the butter, lemon curd and icing sugar together until smooth. I may not look like there is enough butter and lemon curd compared to the icing sugar, but there will be plenty. If you feel like you want your mix to be a bit runnier, add a little more butter and lemon curd in equal quantities.
Do you have a favourite recipe for Icing your cupcakes and cakes? The next Icing I really want to try and create is a peanut butter icing. I would even like to try experimenting with flavouring and colouring icing. What do you recommend? Let me know on my Instagram, Twitter or via the Contact Me page.