Hi Everyone, and welcome to my Monthly Favourites for June. I started writing this only a few days before going live as I have completly lost track of the days this month. I know I say this everytime, but where has June gone? I’m getting excited that my summer holiday is coming up soon, and I can go for lovely walks along the beach.
Every weekend this month seems to been taken up with something going on. Here are a few things I have happened this month:
- I’ve been planning to launch 2 new projects (hopefully in July) which will see me collab with some great bloggers and also set up a new Twitter account. For details on these, please keep checking back or on Twitter/Instagram for more information. Also, if you want to also get involved in what already looks like a great collab so far, please message me for more details.
- Joe McElderry put a screenshot of my Joseph and his Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat review onto his Instagram. I am still in shock over this and I feel so lucky that he even read the blogpost.
- I managed to grab the last spot for doing a guest blog for Gwennan over at Twenty Something Meltdown. Gwennan works really hard on her blog and it shows. The blog is FULL to the brim with great content and I feel privileged I can help contribute a blogpost to this. When it is live, I will be sure to link to post on my blog for you to see.
- I decided to bake some Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies for my boyfriends sister, and they were delicious! Recipe blogpost will be live on 3rd July.
- I finally got to sit and chat with my lovely fellow blogger Life Unscripted. We had a lovely meal at The Manor House at Whittington with our partners, and also a got to talk all things blogging.
- Had a great weekend away with my boyfriends family. Great company, great food and a hilarious night of playing Cards Against Humanity. 7 hours straight we played that game.
- I finally got to lay my hands on the sweet smelling and gorgeous Too Faced Sweet Peach Eyeshadow Palette. I promise that a review for this will be coming soon and I will try and figure out my favourite colour combinations for a blogpost review. Big thank you to my great friend Libby for giving me the heads-up that this was back in stock at Debenhams.
- I found my new ‘smell’ for the summer in the form of Narciso by Narciso Rodriguez. The bottle is a nude shade and the smell is perfect for me. It is sweet, but not too sweet and has a sophisticated smell which is perfect for work.
June Monthly Favourites
TV Show – Modern Family
Once again I am completely addicted to Modern Family. I am now on Series 3 and the characters are growing so much, especially little Lily. This may stop being a montly favourite after I have finished every season, but be prepared to see it again next month guys.
Film – Guardians of the Galaxy
Re-watched this film at the weekend and remembered why I loved it before. The film is not like any other Marvel film I have seen, it is funny throughout, has good interaction and relationships between characters and the music is just perfect. The score for this film is so based around 60s and 70s music throughout, and the way the incorporate is brilliant. It is so cleverly done. Even if you aren’t a Marvel fan, you should give it a watch. I was hooked within 5 minutes.
I can’t wait for Guardians of the Galaxy 2 to be released in 2017.
I love this track my Clean Bandit and Louisa Johnson! I literally cannot stop listening to it and it never fails to cheer me up or get me ready for a day at work. It has an infectious beat which leaves you wanting to listen to it over and over again.
Musical Soundtrack – The Book of Mormon
After posting my review of The Book of Mormon in mid-June, I have re-established my love for the soundtrack. The songs are so cleverly done to fit the show and I love every song. It takes me back to when I watched the show and brings back all those happy memories of London.
I have 2 beauty favourites this month.
I got this set as a bit of an impulse buy in Boots the other week and since then I have loved the brushes. If you have been reading this blog for more than a few weeks, you will already know that I am a massive fan of the Real Techniques Brushes as I only use them. I love this set and I can’t wait to review them all soon.
I managed to get this Eyeshadow Palette after waiting for what felt like years! I am so thankful for my friend Libby who gave me a shout-out on Twitter and told me it was back in stock in the UK. I love this palette already and as mentioned before, I will do a full review with my favourite colour combo’s very soon.
Nail Polish – Lapiz of Luxury
This is one of the first months I have had to do my own nails. I know, how wrong? I usually have my nails done in a Salon with Shellac (which I love), but recently my nails are feeling week and keep snapping off. I decided to take a break from Shellac and just use ordinary polish. This month, I have been in love with Essie Lapiz of Luxury. It is one of my favourite shades for the Summer and goes so well with any outfit.
Shopping – Boots
I love Boots every month, but this month I seem to have visited a lot. I love their range of products and especially as my local boots has recently added a few more make-up brands, including NYX. I have got the NYX foundation stick, which looks simular to the Clinique: Chubby Foundation Stick; so I will be doing a review on this and a comparison soon.
Food – Frankie & Benny’s
I have re-found my love for all things Frankie & Benny’s! I love nearly everything on the menu and I think there is something very familiar and comfortable with the restaurant. I love a meal out and this is starting to come back as one of the places I love to visit regularly.
Blogposts in June