Hi Everyone, and welcome to my Monthly Favourites for July. Can you believe that we are another month closer to Christmas? We are most in August and this makes me extremely excited as I have two holidays booked for August. One to Spain and also a trip to London with friends.
July has been an action packed month, so here are a few things which have been going on this month:
- I collaborated with two amazing bloggers – Samantha Carraro & Tania Writes
- I have another collaboration coming up soon with the lovely Julia from The Part-Time Mermaid
- My Guest Blog went live over on Twenty Something Meltdown all about “10 Things I Learned as a New Blogger”
- I got accepted to guest blog for 3 other blogs and i’m so excited! They are Food & Baker, Writing & Rambling and Womanish Affairs
- It’s my birthday month – Woohoo!
- I saw Mamma Mia at Birmingham Hippodrome and it was great
- Pokémon Go was released in the UK…and I became addicted!
- I visited my local carnival – I love Summer!
- My Mom & Dad celebrated their 25th Wedding Anniversary – Congratulations to them both!
- I had a lovely relaxing day in Birmingham with my boyfriend, shopped until we dropped, had a lovely meal at Handmade Burger Company and met up with some friends for a drink
- Spent a great day with my Mom in Chester. Chester is such a lovely place with amazing architecture
- Spent a great night with friends in a beer garden soaking up the sun and speaking all things Pokémon
- Reignited my love for Hickorys Smokehouse’s Breakfasts
July Monthly Favourites
TV Show – Modern Family
Do you really need to read this bit? I am obsessed with Modern Family! I am on series 5 now, I’m on a roll.
Also, I got Netflix again this month so I started watching Grace and Frankie & Love which were recommendations from Liv from Life Unscripted blog.
Music – Ride – Twenty One Pilots
I love listening to this song in the morning on my walk to work. It wakes me up and has a great tempo to walk to. At first the song annoyed me, but it grew on me.
Musical Soundtrack – Lion King
This is one show that I am desperate to see in the West End, but finding someone to come with me is tricky. I especially love listening to this soundtrack while drying my hair. Not sure why, I just do. I think it’s the build up of Circle of Life that I like.
I had no idea until yesterday that my boyfriend has actually booked for us to go see The Lion King at the West End in October, and I am so so excited.
Clinique: High Impact Mascara
I love this Mascara from the first tried the sample I got with my Foundation Stick. The mascara has such a perfect finish for my lashes and for an everyday review. You can find out all the details over on my full review of this product.
Mac Lipstick: Velvet Teddy
This is such a blogger essential lipstick and highly raved about. I decided to pick myself one up when passing Mac in Grand Central (Birmingham) and I adore it! I can see why everyone raves on about it as it is such a lovely nude colour and the finish is so soft and moisturising. I will do a full review on the lipstick soon, so keep an eye out.
Shopping – Paperchase
Every week in July I have visited numerous Paperchase stores around the UK. I love Paperchase so much that I even did a post about my addiction. I will have to do another Paperchase Haul with the amount I have got recently.
Also, as it is my birthday; Paperchase have given me a £5 voucher! I need help on what I should get guys. Please let me know what you think I should purchase.
Food & Drink – Volvic: Strawberry Water & M&M Gooey Brownies
These two have been my work essentials this month. The water is so refreshing and easy to drink. It is sweet, but not too sweet and also quite low in calories. The brownies are so moist and the crunch of the M&M is amazing. They remind me of the lovely Sarah’s recipe of her M&M Blondies Recipe which I still need to try out.
Place To Be – Birmingham & Chester
My boyfriend and I went to Birmingham in the middle of July and we hadn’t been since the German Christmas Markets. I remembered how much I love the City and it’s great shopping and places to eat. It is beautiful in the Summer with the sun shining.
For my birthday I went to see Mamma Mia at the Birmingham Hippodrome and It was amazing. Blogpost will be coming very soon.
My Mom and I went to Chester for a day out and it was gorgeous. The architecture was gorgeous and eventhough it rained, it didn’t spoil our day. I will do a blogpost on what we got up to and what places are a must see.
Blogposts in July
Baking Recipe – Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
Lifestyle – June Paperchase Haul
Lifestyle – 25 Things That Make Me Happy
Blogger Collaborations – I’m A Guest Blogger!
Blogger Collaborations – 10 Things I learned as a New Blogger (On Twenty Something Meltdown)
Lifestyle – 5 Tips for Guest Blogging
University – 10 Tips for Graduation
Lifestyle – How to Tell if You’re Addicted to Pokémon Go
Lifestyle – Steph’s World Story Update
Lifestyle – Things to Consider Before Starting a Blog
Monthly Favourites – July Monthly Favourites & Overview