I saw in the supermarket that they do Self Raising (Gluten Free) Flour, so picked myself up some and set about finding out how to use it in my baking. I found out online that Gluten Free Flour is used in the same way as normal Flour, and after using this recipe to bake some Chocolate Chip Cookies, I can say they taste the same or even better than using ordinary Flour.
If you would like to find out more about Celiac Disease, I discuss this more in my other Gluten Free recipe blogpost for Chocolate Cupcakes.
- 125g Unsalted Butter
- 150g Caster Sugar
- 225g Gluten Free Self Raising Flour
- 1 Egg Yolk
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 2 teaspoons of Water
- ½ cup or 1 Cup of Mixed White, Milk and Dark Chocolate Chips
- Soften the butter in the medium mixing bowl
- Add 1 egg yolk to the butter along with 1 tsp of vanilla extract and caster sugar
- Hand mix them together until smooth, fluffy and light in colour
- Sift the flour into the bowl and add 2 teaspoons of water
- Mix all together until fully combined and add ½ cup (0r cup) of mixed white, milk and dark chocolate chips
- Roll into balls and place onto a lined baking tray (ensure you leave enough space as they will rise and expand)
- Bake in an oven at 180°c/160°c (fan)/350°f or Gas Mark 4