Hi Everyone, and welcome to my 2016 favourites. This year has gone so fast and I can’t believe it. I also can’t believe that Steph’s World has now been live for 9 months! It’s crazy!
There has been so many things going on in 2016. Here are some of my favourites:
- I visited Liverpool twice.
- I visited Chester.
- I visted London three times.
- I finally got to see The Lion King (West End).
- I spent quality time with my boyfriend, friends and family.
- I saw Derren Brown live for the first time and I got picked on from the audience.
- I saw Joseph and his Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat which was amazing & got mentioned by Joe McElderry on Instagram.
- I had a lovely relaxing holiday in Spain.
- I found a love of Mac Lipsticks, Clinique Foundation and a love of Shellac nail polish.
- I Guest Blogged for some amazing bloggers – See them all at the end of this post.
- I hosted my own Advent Calendar & Guest Blogger Q&A Christmas Series.
- Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them was realised, and it was amazing!
- I went to my first Press Event with the BBC Good Food Show. It was so fantastic and I got to meet Alana Spencer, the winner of The Apprentice 2016.
Film – Suicide Squad & Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
I couldn’t choose which film I loved the most in 2016, so I have chosen both Suicide Squad & Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them. Both films are in my opnion amazing and I can’t wait to rewatch them at home.
Suicide Squad was funny, colourful, action packed and Harley Quinn (for me anyway) was so brilliant in the role. I just love this film!
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them was a film which I didn’t know what to expect. I love Harry Potter (who doesn’t?) but It is not like Harry Potter in this first film. I am looking forward to the next 4 films where we can expect to see a young hagrid and voldermort and the events leading up to Harry Potter series.
TV Show – Modern Family & Gilmore Girls
Ok, once again I’ve cheated. I cannot choose a favourite and I love them both so much.
Earlier on in the year (and still now) I discovered Modern Family and fell in love. It is so funny, easy to watch and well, its just so funny. I am looking forward to Season 8 being released in the UK at the end of December.
I then was talked into trying out Gilmore Girls as the Year in the Life series was being released on Netflix. I am still only on Season 7, but I want to finish it all by the New Year, but I can say that I honestly do not want it to end. I love this show so much!
Music – Tears – Clean Bandit & Louisa Johnson
This song has been a firm favourite of mine since it came out in July. I just love Louisa’s voice, the orchestra feel from Clean Bandit and the whole dance-y feel of the song.
Musical Soundtrack – The Lion King
This year I got to go to see The Lion King in the West End as a birthday present. I have wanted to see it for years, and I have been totally addicted to the soundtrack since June. It is perfect! He Lives in You is my favourite song from the theatre show.
Beauty – Mac Lipsticks & Clinique Foundations
As I mentioned earlier, this year I found a love for both Mac Lipsticks and Clinique Foundations.
I have done 3 blogposts all about my love of Mac Lipsticks. They are:
- Mac Lipstick & Lip Liner Haul
- Mac Star Trek Range & Llap Lipstick Review
- Mac Sweet Nutcracker Collection & Nude Mini Lipstick Set
I also found a love for Clinique Foundations. It first started off with the discovering the Clinique: Chubby Foundation Stick and then after I realised that Clinique foundations don’t make my skin breakout, I then purchased the Clinique: Superbalanced Silk Foundation which I think is perfect.
Place To Be – London
Every year I am sure this answer will be the same. I love London so much. This year I spent a weekend in London with friends and had the most amazing time. We saw sights, visited the Sky Garden, ate lots of yummy food and had great fun. While there, I wrote 2 blogposts which were: London on a Shoestring & Unique Places for Food and Drink in London.
I also saw 2 West End shoes this year which were War of the Worlds & The Lion King.
Drink – Volvic Strawberry Water, Warm Spiced Apple Juice & Virgin Mojito
There are 3 drinks which I found out that I loved in 2016, these are:
- Volvic Strawberry Water – It just makes boring water taste amazing!
- Warm Spiced Apple Juice – Perfect drink for those non-drinkers around Christmas time.
- Virgin Mojito – As I don’t drink, but do love the refreshing taste of a Mojito.
Game – Forza Horizon 3
I don’t play many games, especially not on a games console like an Xbox or Playstation. This year though, my boyfriend got Forza Horizon 3 and it is my perfect game. It’s not like GTA as it doesn’t have any violence in it and it is purely a driving game around a City. I think it is brilliant.
Guest Blogposts I Have Wrote
10 Things I Learned As A Newbie Blogger (for Twenty Something Meltdown)
Food & Baker – Blogger Series – Get to know me
What Books Taught Us (for Womanish Affairs)
Motivational Notes (for My Little Memoir)
Being Thankful (for Writing & Rambling)
How To Overcome Bloggers Block (with Samantha Carraro)
No Make-Up, Make-Up Look (with Tania Writes)
Top 5 Study Tips (with The Part Time Mermaid)
Thank you to everyone who has read my blog, participated in the Christmas Blogger Q&A Series, allowed me to Guest Blog for them or invited me to a Press Event throughout 2016. You’ve made this an amazing year!
If you would like to work with my in the future or have an idea for a collaboration, Guest Blogpost or Series, please Let me know in the comments below or on Twitter or Instagram or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.